Abundance – 5 Steps to Achieve It
3 min read
Abundance – 5 Steps to Achieve It
A favourite quote is, “The mind is everything. What you think, you become”.
Mindset is the critical element for success in everything we do, including our real estate business.
Each year in Canada, over a half-million homes are sold. The vast majority are sold through real estate brokers, so we can expect between 1 and 1.1 million real estate ends. How many do you need to make your business a success? 25 ends will earn you a comfortable living in most markets, and 100 ends will make you rich. This is a minuscule number in comparison to the opportunity.
I hear some agents constantly complain about too many agents and not enough business. Interestingly, they are the agents that are always struggling.
I hear from other agents that there isn’t enough time in the day to talk with all the people who are thinking about making a move. Most of these agents have successful businesses.
I know that some of you are doing the math. “but Suze, there are over 120,000 agents in Canada and only 1 million ends – that’s less than nine ends each, and many agents are doing 40,50 or even 100 ends. There isn’t enough business for everyone.”
Your right – there isn’t enough business for everyone, and there shouldn’t be. Real estate, like every industry, has many people who are not good at it. They haven’t committed to do the work to become competent, and they don’t deserve to represent people in these important and complex negotiations.
I know that there is plenty of business for people who are highly skilled and committed to serving the consumer at a professional level.
If you want to attract an abundance of clients, seek to create a mindset of abundance.
Here are five steps to help you do that:
- Focus on what you have, not what you don’t. What strengths and skills do you bring to your prospective clients? Most of you have high-level negotiation skills gained through the CNE and the MCNE courses. Many of you have other skills gained through additional training. Perhaps you have a track record of success or, for others, a keenness that can only come from being new.
- Focus on what you bring to the table, not what you don’t.Surround yourself with people who have an abundance mindset. Hanging out in the office with a group of other agents complaining about the challenges and injustices of real estate will pretty much guarantee you poor performance. Surround yourself with positive and optimistic people. Attitudes rub off, and soon you’ll start to see positive changes in your life.
- Consider business opportunities a win/win for both you and your prospective client. Knowing that you offer excellent customer service and bring valuable professional skills to the transaction, you can focus on how these things benefit the client. Most training that we receive in real estate focuses on the agent making more money, which can lead to a limiting mindset. See it for what it is, a win/win where the clients have an amazing experience and obtain an exceptional result, and you make a nice commission.
- Be grateful. We have it very good here in Canada, and many people in the world envy us our freedom, peace, and safety. When you incorporate gratitude into your daily routine, it improves your mental and physical wellbeing and leads to higher levels of happiness. Taking the time to be grateful for even the small things in our lives can significantly impact our success.
- Train the mind to recognize opportunities. In real estate, they are everywhere. A mindset of abundance will enable you to see more options, more choices, and more potential clients. If you think you can, you can. If you think you can’t – well, you’re right!