Curiosity Is the Fast Track to Success!
Curiosity is a mindset which allows us to choose how we react to situations. If we are truly curious about what is happening, we begin to observe and assess the situation instead of blindly reacting to our emotional impulses.
We are hired to lead people through a complicated and important process and make it work for them. To do this well, it is important we learn to self-manage our own emotions and reactions so we are better able to serve our client. Self-management is about self-awareness and self-awareness is every leader’s greatest journey.
I’ve written before about our ability to choose our mindset.
With a mindset of curiosity, great questions will emerge naturally!
Here is a super easy exercise to implement in order to help you increase your awareness around mindset and learn to be in the place of curiosity more often:
- Set an alarm on your mobile device to go off once at 10:30 am and once at 2:30 pm.
- When the alarm goes off, take 30 seconds to reflect on what your mindset is right then.
- Choose to shift into a mindset of curiosity. This is merely a commitment to be truly curious about the people you encounter and the situations that arise.
- In the evening when life slows down, reflect on the effect of the mindset exercise.
- Do this for 7 days in a row.
I’d love to hear from you regarding the results of this simple but powerful exercise.